Sunday, September 5, 2010

Oatmeal Crisps


Last Saturday, my dad, brothers Uno and Nico, sister Meg and I were in Powerplant, Rockwell for our traditional lunch and movie date. We were having lunch at the concourse level when my dad and Nico decided to browse and taste through the Bakers Dozen, a row of stalls in the middle of this floor that sells sweets, desserts and other baked goodies. They returned with a surprising treat.




They had bought a container or Q Kitchen's oatmeal crispies. They had opened it and started nibbling on it while the rest of us were still finishing our lunches. While waiting for the bill, I had noticed that almost all of us were there nibbling on a cookie. The funny thing is, when I bit my first cookie, I didn't think anything great of it. I just continued chitchatting with my family. It was just after I unknowingly finished the whole thing that I stopped and realized, "hey, that was a pretty good oatmeal cookie." I liked it because it is as it's called, crisp. Their oatmeal crispies are so thin, it intrigues me to think of making them myself. Though if you're a moist cookie lover, this is not for you. Nibbling on cookie after cookie (it's just that addicting, I tell you!), I just couldn't comprehend how they got them to taste that way. My dad gave me the final push, challenging me to make my own version of these crisps. Next video, Ate Carla and I would accept this challenge! We are going to make our own oatmeal crispies!

PS. Just so you know, this container didn't even reach our house. We gobbled them all up but the time we left the mall!
Posted by Picasa


For more information about the Bakers Dozen...
Bakers Dozen

Powerplant Mall, Rockwell
Concourse Level (P1)
Fridays 11:00am to 10:00pm
Saturdays 10:00am to 10:00pm
Sunday 10:00am to 10:00pm

Worth just walking around and looking at the mouth-watering treats they are offering! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment